A Southern Grace: i yam what i yam

March 26, 2008

i yam what i yam

Yum

Rumor has it that it's Spinach Day.


I, like Popeye, enjoy spinach, so I thought I'd take this opportunity to share some recipes from some of my favorite blogs.

I hit the jackpot at The Kitchen Sink, with enchiladas, lasagna, and empanadas.

Also striking my fancy is this spinach pie from Paola at In My Life.

I love hummus, and I think this spinach and pine nuts version from 28 Cooks might be worth a try.

Creamed spinach is not something I typically enjoy, but if you toss in enough cheese, it just might hit the spot. The minds behind What We're Eating think so.

How about some soup? Here's one from Susan at FatFree Vegan Kitchen involving quinoa, my new true love. Another winner is this white bean masterpiece from Chuck at Sunday Nite Dinner. I do love me some beans.

I had to include this impressive spinach linguine from Sarah at Food and Paper. Awesome.

My favorite way to eat spinach right now is in a nice fresh salad, like this one from Peter at Souvlaki for the Soul. That blueberry vinaigrette sounds amazing!


Eat your spinach, people!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Lots of great spinach links going on here! YUM!

Mike of Mike's Table said...

I used to be a big Popeye fan, but even he couldn't sell me on spinach as a kid. Feeding it to my rabbit and iguanas didn't make it any more appealing...but reminiscing aside, this is a great collection of good looking recipes!

Anonymous said...

What a spinach feast! Thanks for all the great spinach links! I feel stronger already.
Thanks for bringing up Popeye, he was one of my hero's growing up. I think my siblings and I watched every singe one of the cartoon episodes, as well as the movies with Robin Williams!
I have the song in my head now...."...I'm strong to the finish, I'm Popeye the sailor man! hoot! hoot! ".
Dork, I am.