A Southern Grace: how about them apples? #SecretLifeOfMotts

July 25, 2016

how about them apples? #SecretLifeOfMotts

Yum

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Mott’s®. The opinions and text are all mine.
#SecretLifeOfMotts
Though I admittedly usually associate apple juice with my school lunches of childhood, it certainly shouldn't be limited to that!

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiXR-ZsOJM3v0NKqLg698r4Lq_vz4H_ldmExreGo9peZM78FCgDMcgXXK4G0FtmwqvjEF4xlIe36lwDxw2Fnwm42ZuAfwBfUsR4YxvgIOuPoZ31AFX9KMeknFj4bLPNVv7-3vhmd7F2PGA/s640/IMG_8231.JPG
The Secret Life of Pets © 2016 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved.”


Mott’s® Apple Juice and Applesauce have many applications in the kitchen that get them out of their bottle or container and into a saute pan or muffin tin. For me, there is no better choice for these products than Mott’s because it’s both fun and nutritious for kids and adults alike.
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-GFq1JHWtkwI/V37otFFrw-I/AAAAAAAA2j8/aB4OzA7xdQkjkl_eT_g_iZZe19LpuuT6gCKgB/s640/IMG_8198.JPG
The Secret Life of Pets © 2016 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved.”

Mott’s has partnered with the upcoming movie The Secret Life of Pets, a flick that I'm personally quite excited to see. I often wonder what Marleau might be doing while my husband and I are at work, though I do have my doubts that he goes on adventures like the ones in which the animals in the adorable trailer take part.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEixrBPmlu-Fl7ePfONENUwwEXjr_0aUlUELK1oT1L-5u7Cqv3eiMHdzn590ivMxeZJDWN5uWD_QbI2yt18Cl_kKP91NVE7Pq24W3HhBJVO0hNffimnYR7eHWoVF0DqsxxNOPKD-oXPKtxo/s640/IMG_1486.JPG
The Secret Life of Pets © 2016 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved.”


Mott's is offering two deals in honor of that partnership (and you can earn both!):
     You can get a FREE child’s movie ticket* with the purchase of three Mott’s juice or sauce items (*$9 ticket, restrictions apply).
     If you purchase any 5 Mott’s juices or applesauce products, you'll receive an additional $8 movie voucher.

Target has two special Cartwheel offers as well (if you don't have the app, you should get it!):
     6/26/16 – 7/30/16: All Mott’s® Applesauce 5% OFF
     6/26/16 – 7/30/16: All Mott’s® Juice 5% OFF
     7/31/16 – 9/3/16: All Mott’s® Applesauce 10% OFF
     7/31/16 – 9/3/16: All Mott’s® Juice 10% OFF

I may be a bona fide adult, but I still love movies like The Secret Life of Pets. I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm looking forward to seeing it!
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-tJ6fTapV3cc/V37otIbzyWI/AAAAAAAA2mQ/WzXGCAQU8qM3_T5mGPhMicaCtNXFfI_UwCKgB/s640/IMG_8233.JPG
Peekaboo!
The Secret Life of Pets © 2016 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved.”

As I mentioned above, Mott's has a number of wonderful products that are great just as they are, but can be used in different kinds of recipes too. Apple juice can be reduced into a delightful glaze for meat, like I've done here, and applesauce is a dynamite substitute for butter or oil in lots of cakes, muffins, and quick breads. Be adventurous (like your pets may or may not be)!

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Ddqf1FtdVEc/V37qUGeOOOI/AAAAAAAA2eA/QCC0FKCugosGr5_O3kMcNN3l-XuDXDNJgCKgB/s640/IMG_8215-ANIMATION.gif
Marleau would like to know what's going on, please and thank you!
The Secret Life of Pets © 2016 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved.”

This dinner is a breeze to make, and it tastes wonderful. I've always been a fan of apples with pork, and this sweet, mustardy glaze complements the lean, meaty tenderloin quite nicely. If you think of it, set aside some of the glaze before you begin basting and serve it alongside the sliced loin--some people (like me) might enjoy a little extra sweetness!

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEipgNyWcRWyaQuRj55fKUKXwPMOqmZG0aN_d29uiSlNQkOL99ESLwhlLiC4Xiok4osWjnDL75kRIhgh46WycFKePdtr6PVKlXn7Ru1T7GxPn5CuhmnD30Toco8lF6tGA9n0f2tG0Y72730/s640/PicMonkey+Collage.jpg
The Secret Life of Pets © 2016 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved.”

I think you can safely leave your pet for a quick trip to Target to purchase some Mott's Apple Juice and Applesauce products. I picked up Mott's 100% Apple Juice 64oz and Mott's Applesauce 6pk Sauce Cups. Those critters might have a secret life, but I'll bet they'll be right back where they belong when you get home.


Apple-Glazed Pork Loin
Serves 4-6
Ingredients:
     1 (1-1/2 pound) or 2 (3/4 pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed of some fat
     Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
     2 teaspoons dried rosemary
     1-1/2 cups Mott's 100% Apple Juice
     2 tablespoons brown sugar
     1 tablespoon soy sauce
     1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
     3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
     2 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 cup water
Directions:
In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the apple juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard. Bring to a boil and cook about 20 minutes, or until reduced slightly.
Whisk in the cornstarch dissolved in water and simmer for a couple of minutes, until nicely thickened.
Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
Season the pork with salt, pepper, and rosemary on each side. In a cast-iron skillet over high heat, sear the pork tenderloin(s) on each side in a bit of oil, then transfer to the oven and roast 5 minutes.
Remove pork from oven and baste with the sauce.
Continue roasting pork 10-15 minutes, basting every 5 minutes or so with the sauce, until the internal temperature reaches 130 degrees F.
Let the meat rest under a foil tent for about 10 minutes before slicing, then serve with reserved sauce.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Q8FZn6C6SVc/V37otK3mT5I/AAAAAAAA2mk/IsTagteYhisCACuQhIdpJYVkzxtFDirQQCKgB/s640/IMG_8238.JPG
The Secret Life of Pets © 2016 Universal Studios. All Rights Reserved.”

Check out this website for more information about special offers and recipe ideas using Mott’s Juices and Applesauce!

10 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

Your pork tenderloin looks so succulent and tender!

Barbara said...

Have I ever mentioned how fun I think your post titles are? :)
Anyway....I love Motts too. Especially with cinnamon, which I know is the magic word for you! Frankly, even when I had apple trees in my back yard and made my own sauce, I added cinnamon.
I always gave some of those little packets of applesauce in my pantry.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Haha you should see me. It's breakfast time here in Australia and all I want is some of this amazing pork and sauce! :D

Marjie said...

Baked apples or applesauce are terrific with pork, so I'm betting your apple glaze is just perfect! I hope you shared with Marleau!

Big Rigs 'n Lil' Cookies said...

This reminds me of a dish I made years ago and had forgotten all about. It was soo good. So, needless to say, I'll be making this!

~~louise~~ said...

Apple Glazed Pork Loin sounds amazing right about now Grace!!! I'm a huge fan of Mott's applesauce and apple juice! I use the applesauce in so many recipes in place of oil and to tell you the truth, you would never know the difference. Some how, most times, it doesn't even leave an "applie" taste which I'm sometimes looking for:)

My grandkids just arrived this morning (they took the red eye so are catching up on some zees:) The first thing they asked me when they got off the plane was "when are we going to see The Secret Life of Pets" We are all sooooooo excited!!!

Thanks so much for sharing Grace, and thank you for your encouraging get well words. Slowly but surely I am getting there:)

Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl said...

I love that you're cooking with apple juice - I can smell the natural sweetness from here - yum!!

Kate @ Framed Cooks said...

Pork and I don't usually get along (I am a champ at cooking it until it is SO dry) but this sounds too delicious...I will need to charge back in there and try pork again!

Pam said...

Oh Grace, it looks awesome. I love pork with apples. Marleau wants that pork and so do I!

Natalie @ Obsessive Cooking Disorder said...

pork and apples go perfectly together! I feel ready for fall with this