A Southern Grace: mother lode!

May 23, 2008

mother lode!

Yum

My neighbors are probably beginning to think that I'm running some sort of lucrative, scandalous, somewhat illegal mail-based service.


I'm not. It's lucrative, scandalous, and completely legal.

No, seriously, I've just been extremely fortunate these past few days. I earned some free chocolate and was the lucky winner of not one, but two blog giveaways! Plus, I've been doing some online ordering of my own, so I've had a package waiting on my doorstep just about every day this week.

First, the chocolate. Oh, the chocolate. This was a Blake Makes giveaway from Amano Chocolate. The package contained three bars of their insanely fabulous chocolate, which, except for a few chunks that have mysteriously disappeared (into mah bell-ay), is being saved for something special. My deepest gratitude, Blake and Amano!

Secondly, my comment on a Glam Dish post was randomly picked to be the winner of a stellar combination of goods. I got an autographed copy of Gale Gand's Short and Sweet: Quick Desserts with Eight Ingredients or Less, a Reddi Whip bowl, several coupons for free Reddi Whip, and two silicone baking molds (one for mega muffins and one for mini muffins). The molds will be used often, I'm sure, and having glanced through the book, I can safely say that lots of the recipes are begging to be tested. Many, many thanks, Amy!



Lastly (and most exciting), as the result of another random drawing by Melanie at My Kitchen Cafe, I was picked as the winner of a bundle of fabulous goodies from Utah.

She sent elderberry jelly and blueberry syrup (also known as motivation for pancake-making)...


...honey bran muffin mix and huckleberry honey (perhaps some homemade baklava is finally in order)...


...awesomely shaped pasta and a delicious-sounding sauce mix...



...AND key lime cookies and vanilla caramel pretzels:



(amen)

Check out the box she chose to send these delicious, ultra-healthy treats in:


What a character. I'm absolutely floored by your generosity, Melanie--thank you so much! There's a lot of sensational cooking and baking in my future!

One gift that I didn't get in the mail but will gladly accept was an award from toontz at Okara Mountain.


It's given to blogs for their creativity (don't know about that...), design (if you say so, toontz!), and interesting material (on a good day.). Recipients also contribute to the blogger community, no matter what language (there we go--this I definitely do!).


See, I told you it was all legal.

30 comments:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

So much excitement happening this week over at A Southern Grace. Very lucky woman indeed:D

LyB said...

So many goodies! It's so much fun getting stuff in the mail, I swear the mailman looks at me funny sometimes as in, why is she so happy? :) Hope you keep getting lots and lots of great stuff!

Mike of Mike's Table said...

That's quite a haul! Lots of fun stuff in there and I can't wait to see what you do with all of it.

Anonymous said...

how fun that must have been! you scored some great loot and how lucky to win so many random drawings and awards too, all well deserved I'm sure!

Sharon said...

Wow, looks like someone's got a good luck streak going! Any trips to Vegas planned for this weekend? Congrats!

Anonymous said...

grace, i'm going green with envy here. wish i had loads of that culinary yummy coming my way too. that blueberry syrup looks to die for....:)

Deborah said...

I went through a streak of good luck a few months ago, but haven't had much since. I'm jealous of everything!

Melanie said...

You are sweet! Thanks! And again, really sorry about the box - it was just the perfect size and I couldn't pass it up. Plus I was sick of looking at the sculpted model on the front and wanted it out of my house. :)

Anonymous said...

Nice stuff! I wouldn't leave my kitchen for a long, long time with all those goodies.

Make sure you post those pancakes!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is start buying lotto tickets...you are obviously one lucky chick!

giz said...

Whoa...mamma....great stash - I also so love that kindness huggy thingy - you need to make that into an award - doesn't everybody need at least 6 hugs a day. It's such a nice message. The only questionable thing is the workout burn thing - chocolate, yeah, jelly - yeah - workout burning - pass.

KJ said...

ooooh lucky you!!!! Getting stuff is fun.

Indranee Batabyal said...

Grace, you are one lucky woman to get all those special goodies! I wish I was fortunate as you:) God bless you!

Anonymous said...

You did hit the mother lode, my goodness. Can't wait to see what all sorts of things you will come up with now that you have all that food.
Good for you, if I go to Vegas I will have to bring you.

RecipeGirl said...

You hit the jackpot there sister! What great, fun things :)

Pixie said...

Wow, girl- how lucky are you! How is it I tend to miss out on these things hmm, what's your secret?

Elle said...

Great loot! Lucky duck. :)

test it comm said...

It is always good when a package is waiting for you when you get home. Free chocolate is always good as well! :) That syrup sounds really good.

Anonymous said...

wow congratulations! you are very lucky!
i've had that gald gand book for awhile, but i still haven't made anything out of it yet...

Mama Mia said...

how do you win these blog giveaways? whats your secret? I want in! haha

Vicarious Foodie said...

Lucky you!

I have pasta just like that that's been sitting in my pantry for a while because I haven't been able to figure out the best way to use it. I'm interested to see what you do with it!

krysta said...

that blueberry syrup is the best! get some carbons golden malted pancake mix and I swear you will have the best meal ever.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a brilliant haul! You're going to have so much fun with all oF those goodies-can't wait to see the fruits of your labour! :)

Anonymous said...

Look at all that FUN STUFF!! The local berry treats really caught my eye. Congrats! :D

giz said...

You've been awarded

SYD said...

That's a whole lot of goodies

Anonymous said...

You got some cool stuff! Can't wait to see what you do with everything (besides put it in your bell-ay!

Emily said...

Cool.

Oh, there's that syrup again. I guess I should have read this post first.

That's a lot of stuff.

I have a Firm video. It's really difficult. I'm not coordinated enough to do it.

toontz said...

Wow! One lucky gal! Isn’t it fun to get something in the mail besides bills?

Y said...

What a gorgeous collection of freebies. That exercise box you got the loot in is a hoot (hey that rhymes). You definitely have to use some of that honey for a batch of baklava! :)