A Southern Grace: seasonal shmeasonal #CoffeehouseBlend

March 1, 2017

seasonal shmeasonal #CoffeehouseBlend

Yum

Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CoffeehouseBlend #CollectiveBias

I'm a big fan of many limited time only flavors of things like cereal, candies, and coffee beverages, and I wonder if part of the appeal is that they're not available any and every time I have a desire for one.


Absence makes the heart grow fonder, after all.

One of the perks of working in a cafe (as I did for a hot second) is that you can often make those seasonal beverages whenever you want, even when they're not on the menu. Whether they're fashioned from standard ingredients or you've hidden away a bottle of a specially flavored syrup, you can get your fix...IF you're on the working side of the counter.


I don't have my fancy green apron anymore, though, so when I want a winter beverage in the summer or vice versa, I have to get creative. What's more, I don't have an espresso machine, so coffee is the only option. Fortunately, Folgers® Coffeehouse Blend delivers a fantastic coffee taste that stands out even with the use of common additions like creamer, sugar, or, in this case, both!


I made my version of a peppermint mocha using Folgers Coffeehouse Blend, milk, sugar, cocoa powder, and a dash of mint extract. This particular medium-dark roast blend starts smooth and finishes with a bold, distinct taste that pushes through the chocolate and mint for that nudge of bitter that makes this drink special. There's nothing written in stone about only enjoying a peppermint mocha during the Christmas season!

Bonus: This will be much more easy on your wallet than those constant trips to the cafe! For more savings, check out this digital coupon giving $1.00 off any Folgers® Coffee Product (excluding Instant). You can get each and every one of the ingredients in this recipe at Publix!


If you're interested in finding more coffee inspiration using this blend that's perfect for a French press or cold brew, visit Folgers on Facebook or Twitter.

Espresso-less Mint Mocha
(printable recipe)
Serves 1 generously
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup milk, steamed
  • 1 cup very strong coffee
  • 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
  • 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 2-3 drops peppermint extract
  • Whipped cream (optional)
  • Crushed peppermints (optional)
Directions:
In a pot, heat up one cup of milk until it is steaming. Froth the milk with a wire whisk or an immersion blender until it is nice and foamy.
In your coffee cup, mix together the prepared coffee, cocoa powder, sugar, and peppermint extract until the sugar and cocoa powder are dissolved and there are no lumps.
Pour the milk foam over the top of the mocha mixture and stir to incorporate.
Top with whipped cream and crushed peppermints if desired.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree with you on being able to enjoy seasonal beverages all year long especially this delicious looking peppermint mocha! {client}

Big Rigs 'n Lil' Cookies said...

I've always avoided the fancy coffee shops, and stuck to what I can make myself! I can't bare the thought of falling in love with a drink and having it taken away!

Inger @ Art of Natural Living said...

This is too funny--my daughter just got home from college and made a peppermint mocha. Alas my peppermint extract had gone bad (the oil in it got rancid), which was sad. You might appreciate the other component we had though--peppermint whipped cream in a spray can left over from post-Christmas sales!

Unknown said...

Peppermint and chocolate is such a great combo! Thanks for the easy recipe Grace,I can't wait to treat myself to a fancy coffee without leaving the house :)