A Southern Grace: curd your enthusiasm #EffortlessPies

May 23, 2016

curd your enthusiasm #EffortlessPies

Yum

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #EffortlessPies #CollectiveBias

You may or may not remember, but I'll never forget--I spent about 4 years working in a small bakery doing everything from baking cookies and decorating cakes (two things I loved) to making pies, which I quickly came to detest.


Pie crust is so fickle! Even when you have a great recipe, quality ingredients, and a foolproof method, things often go awry, and I find that extremely frustrating. I rarely bake pies at home, and for that reason, I was excited to discover Keebler® Ready Crust® Mini Graham Cracker Pie Crusts. By layering the crusts with lime curd and Oikos® Key Lime Greek Yogurt and topping it all off with a generous swirl of Reddi-wip® and some lime zest, I was able to create a refreshing, delicious, and impressive dessert in a matter of minutes. Not only are these practically effortless, they're a breeze to clean up and are quite a healthy dessert option!


I'd be remiss if I didn't comment on the surprisingly low cost of creating these delightful treats. All told, I spent less than $10 on the ingredients, but the pies taste like something for which bakeries would charge $5 a pop! I bought three containers of Oikos® Key Lime Greek Yogurt and divided it evenly among the 6 Keebler® Ready Crust® Mini Graham Cracker Pie Crusts. There was more than enough Reddi-wip® to go around, and I had extra lime curd too! I couldn't be more excited about and impressed by the deals I got on these items, and the resulting desserts satisfied both my appetite and my desire to save money!


If you need a quick, easy, inexpensive, and delicious dessert, all you need to do is hustle over to Walmart and pick up three or four key items!

Quick Curd of Lime
(printable recipe)
Makes about 2 cups
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup fresh lime juice
  • 3 limes, zested
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
Directions:
In a microwave-safe bowl, whisk together the sugar and eggs until smooth.
Stir in lime juice, lime zest, and melted butter.
Cook in the microwave for one minute intervals, stirring after each minute, until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon, anywhere from 5-7 minutes.
Place heavy-duty plastic wrap directly on warm curd (to prevent a film from forming), and chill 4 hours or until firm.

18 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

mmmm...lime curd...I love it! This looks like a quick and delicious pastry recipe.

Beth said...

I struggle with making pastries, and it's reassuring to hear that even a pro has off-days. Mini pastries are always so cute!

Bianca @ Confessions of a Chocoholic said...

Mmm pie <3

Inger @ Art of Natural Living said...

After making my whipped strawberry pie recently, I got in the mood for graham cracker pie crusts again. I'd love to try out some minis! I felt better hearing that you have struggled with pie crusts--I thought it was just me!

Królowa Karo said...

It must be soooo gooood! Mmmmm...

All That I'm Eating said...

I've never cooked anything like that in the microwave! What a great idea!

Pam said...

Sounds great, lime rules!

Summer @ Banana Hammocks & Tutus said...

OH my stars, these look absolutely delicious and the addition of the lime curd makes my mouth water! (client)

Kate @ Framed Cooks said...

I know and love those little pie crusts! And now I am going to try your scrumptious pie filling in it!

Big Rigs 'n Lil' Cookies said...

Love the size. A little easier that way to keep my portions in check!

Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl said...

Yum! I could use a little pie right now to cheer up my day! These look delicious!

Marjie said...

Even having discovered the best pie crust ever (so named by my dearly beloved, whose mother was a pie making goddess), I am still pie-crust-phobic. Graham cracker crust is a terrific invention for refrigerated pies, and I always have them in my pantry for when I just "need" to make a fast pie for my menfolk. Yours sounds like a great and easy creation.

Katerina said...

Perfect size for quick little munches! They must taste heavenly!

Savor The Baking said...

Ibotta is the best. You earn money, while spending money. Genius! These pies will be great for Summer.

Adina said...

I only made lemon curd until now, but lime sounds great, I have to try it next time!

Marcelle said...

Grace, I love quick and easy dessert ideas like this one! I really love cute, individual desserts too. I'm so happy to know about those little pie crusts and these little lime yogurt pies will make a perfect dessert this summer:)

Cheri Savory Spoon said...

Hi Grace, oh what a wonderful dessert, I love lime curd, looks delicious!

FoodPorter said...

it's looking testy..

Takeaway indian food home delivery in Mackay