A Southern Grace: on a wing and a prayer

February 13, 2015

on a wing and a prayer

Yum

Yes, wings are an excellent noshing option for football games, but they're acceptable, nay, desirable under many other circumstances too. (Perhaps not Valentine's Day, but who am I to judge?)


I saw about 158 wing recipes in the weeks leading up to the Super Somewhat Okay Bowl, but I didn't try any of them. Nope, I stuck with our tried-and-true, making use of basic ingredients and a little-muss-little-fuss method. Heck, it's easier to clean up the dishes used in preparing these than it is to tidy up your person after consuming them!

If you like wings and you like dead simple, give these flappers a try.

Cheesy Chicken Wings (the anti-Valentine's Day grub)
Makes 20 pieces
Ingredients:
  • 2 pounds chicken wings, thawed if from frozen
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • Salt and pepper
Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line a sheet pan with aluminum foil.
To set up your station, have one bowl containing the melted butter beside another bowl containing a mixture of the cheese and seasonings.
Dip each wing first in the butter, then roll it around in the cheese and spice mixture, coating evenly.
Place the coated wing into the pan, leaving space around it.
If any butter or cheese remain at the end, pour or sprinkle it over the wings in the prepared pan.
Bake for one hour, flipping the wings over halfway through.
If desired, sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley to serve.

17 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

Simple ingredients, outstanding result. These wings look lipsmackingly delicious.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Lipsmackingly good!

Cheers,

Rosa

Barbara said...

Grin....agree...there were a gazillion recipes for wings preceeding game week. But none were as easy as these, Grace. Love the cheese and they look nice and crunchy too. Saved the recipe already.

Pam said...

My husband is a big wing fan... these look and sound tasty!

sandy said...

heehee, somewhat okay bowl indeed.... I am a super duper lover of all things wingy, these look excellent.

Pam said...

Easy and good wings! I like all that Parmesan! And they'd be great any time.

Big Rigs 'n Lil' Cookies said...

I LOVE wings, but honestly never make them because a.) husband doesn't like spicy b.) I don't like the hassle of them. Your wings will make us both happy! But, maybe not for Valentine's!

Food Gal said...

LOL If I made this for my husband for Valentine's Day, he'd think it was the best holiday -- EVER. ;)

Von said...

Wings for Valentines Day are...okay I think? So long as they're good wings haha :) Yours sound really good!

~~louise~~ said...

If two people can't eat a bunch of wings together and get their hands all messy and feel free to lick their finger tips, then...

Wings are good any time in my book, Grace and yours look delicious!!!

Thanks for sharing, Grace...

Marjie said...

Sounds terrific! Nothing wrong with wings for Valentine's Day.

Betty said...

These would fly off the plate at my house. :)

Beth said...

I'd eat these any day of the year. Yum!

Erica said...

Simple and delicious recipe,Grace!

Louise said...

Oh wow, these look so good. I'm going to have to make these for my other half. He looooves wings :)

Katerina said...

All this cheese heaven plus chicken!!!

I Wilkerson said...

I'd eat these on Valentine's Day!