A Southern Grace: memories should linger... #WipeAwayHolidayMess

January 9, 2017

memories should linger... #WipeAwayHolidayMess

Yum

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WipeAwayHolidayMess #CollectiveBias

... messes should not.


I'm what some people might call a clean freak (well, about some things...), but it's only because I'm just more comfortable when I'm in a clean space. Baking and cooking for the holidays is a lot less stressful for me when I'm able to clean as I go and leave things sparkling when I'm finished.

I like and appreciate all products that help me achieve pristine work and eating areas, and the New Scotch-Brite® Scrubbing Dish Cloths have so many great features to aid in this endeavor! Not only are they washable and reusable, but they're also sturdy enough to scrub up the gunkiest of messes without scratching sensitive surfaces. Each side has a different function--one side has scrubbing dots that get rid of tough messes, while the other has the wiping and drying functions of a dish cloth. Those powers combined give you a quicker, easier clean.


This was the perfect tool to help me clean up while and after making butterscotch haystacks for Christmas gifts this year. If you've ever worked with melted morsels, you know what a devil they can be to wipe away. Using the Scotch-Brite Scrubbing Dish Cloth made it a breeze to get the coagulated peanut butter and butterscotch mixture out of my mixing bowl and off of my spatula and spoon (and fingers)(...and mouth). I should also mention that this can be a bit of a messy process even for the tidiest of bakers, and the dish cloth works wonders on the counter top as well!


This is The Dish Cloth. Reinvented. And don't think for a second that these cloths are limited to the kitchen--I even used mine to wipe down the wall and door near our dog's play area. It's always dirty, except for the first few minutes after it gets a treatment by my Scotch-Brite Scrubbing Dish Cloth! These cloths are available in a 1- pack and a 2-pack and come in Navy, Tan, Gray, or Mint. For more information, visit this site or check out the Scotch-Brite home page, Facebook page, Twitter feed, Pinterest site, and/or Instagram!


Also, starting in January, there is an In-Store Clip Strip Offer for $1.50 off 2-pack promo--head to your local Kroger or Kroger banner store and grab a few! Grab the ingredients for these candies too, if you're so inclined--they're undeniably addictive. Case in point: As my mom kept removing them to the cold, out-of-they-way room in her house so they wouldn't melt, my family members kept bringing them back to the cozy living room to eat. :)

Sticky Snacky Butterscotch Stackies
(printable recipe)
Makes anywhere from 50-75, depending on your spooning
Ingredients:
  • 1 (11 ounce) package (1-2/3 cups) butterscotch morsels
  • 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 10-12 ounces chow mein noodles (the more you use, the drier the stacks will be)
  • 3-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows (or more, if you love marshmallows)
Directions:
Line 2-3 sheet trays with wax paper.
Microwave morsels in large, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on 70% power for 1 minute; stir.
If necessary, microwave at additional 15- to 25-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
Stir in the peanut butter until well blended; heat 15 seconds more.
Add salt and vanilla and stir until incorporated.
Add chow mein noodles and marshmallows; gently stir until all ingredients are coated.
Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared trays.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.

14 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

I simply can't resist anything with peanut butter. Bet those stackies are addictive!

puppylovernorris said...

YUM! I love butterscotch stacks, such a classic. My grandma used to freeze hers. My sister and I would sneak and eat them frozen, so good :) We're still recovering from holiday baking too, thinking my kitchen could use about 5 of these awesome looking cloths.

Unknown said...

Those haystacks look amazing! The Scotch-Brite Dish Cloths are the perfect way to clean up the mess from creating this fun sweet treat! {client}

Cheri Savory Spoon said...

Love these haystakes, I can see why everyone kept moving them around. Peanut butter and butterscotch is such a great combo.

Pam said...

Peanut butter works for me. They look delicious!

Velva said...

Peanut butter works for me! You can't beat a good sponge (seriously)!

Velva

Adina said...

These are very unusual sweets for me. I would love to try them!

Pam said...

I think I would eat way too many of those stackies - YUM! I've never used a scrubbing dish cloth before, it sounds great. I'll be on the lookout.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Clean freak here too but I'm confounded by a really messy husband. But nothing soothes my soul more than a clean room! :D

Big Rigs 'n Lil' Cookies said...

I've been craving something butterscotch. Perfect!

Pam said...

Love those haystacks, sounds like a perfect snack to me!

Marcelle said...

Grace, I'd forgotten all about these types of cute desserts made chow mein noodles!! My sister used to make something like this, but she covered them with melted chocolate. Love peanut butter and butterscotch together...I'm gonna have to try these out on my kids :) I'm a neat freak too... thanks for the info about that good sponge!!

Natalie @ Obsessive Cooking Disorder said...

Haystacks are a fond childhood snack. I haven't seen these in forever!

Inger @ Art of Natural Living said...

Fun dessert! I tried to keep things cleaner this holiday season and I agree it is less stressful!