A Southern Grace: ode to the jelly belly

February 16, 2008

ode to the jelly belly

Yum

I. Love. Jelly Belly jelly beans.




Well, most of them. Some of them will never come within a foot of my mouth:
A&W Root Beer
Buttered Popcorn*
Cantaloupe*
Cappuccino*
Caramel Corn
Chocolate Pudding
Dr. Pepper*
Juicy Pear
Licorice
Mango
Peanut Butter*
Pink Grapefruit*

*It's odd that I hate these flavors because I love the actual thing. I guess they just don't translate well into chewy, sugary nibbles.




Mmm, much better (escalating to my absolute favorite):
Bubble Gum
Cotton Candy
Cinnamon
Crushed Pineapple
Pina Colada
Plum
Sizzling Cinnamon
French Vanilla
A&W Cream Soda
Toasted Marshmallow
Island Punch


I'm probably in the minority with some of those favorites, but hey--more for me...


Flavors I've yet to try:
Cafe Latte--probably not much different from cappuccino, which is vile
Caramel Apple--the real thing is delightful, but I have my doubts
Jalapeno--no way this can be good
Kiwi--perhaps...perhaps not
Wild Blackberry--sounds good to me


Eh, it's just not the same. I'm glad I can see colors--this makes the little suckers remarkably less appealing.


Thanks Mamster!

2 comments:

eatme_delicious said...

Mmm I loooooove Jelly Belly Jellybeans too. Your top 4 are some of my super favourite flavours too. Recently my number one favourite has been French vanilla. I also love the A&W rootbeer one though. And tutti frutti.

grace said...

Yes, Jelly Bellies are the best jelly beans ever. HOWEVER, more than once I've popped a white one in my mouth, expecting that delicious coconut flavor, and discovered that I've mistakenly eaten buttered popcorn (those yellow specks are sometimes hard to see). Not nice at all. Nightmare material.

Gack.