- 1 sausage (I used pecan smoked sausage)
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (any variety will do)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Slice the sausage on a diagonal and place the pieces in a large skillet over medium high heat and brown on all sides; this should take 8-10 minutes.
Remove the sausage to a plate and wipe most of the fat from the skillet, but leave a little to cook the veggies.
Add the potatoes and onions to the skillet and season with the herbs, salt, and pepper.
Saute 10 minutes or so, until the potatoes are browned and tender and the onions are softened.
Add the sausage back to the skillet.
Combine the brown sugar, vinegar, and mustard and add to the skillet, stirring to coat.
Simmer uncovered for 3-5 minutes, until the sausage is heated through.