A Southern Grace: cookie duty

December 3, 2015

cookie duty

Yum

Even though cookies are more often the main focus of the Christmas dessert table (and a foolproof and always appreciated gift!), they ended up being the most convenient and best option for me to provide for all of our Thanksgiving festivities.


Because running out of cookies would be completely and utterly unacceptable, I made dozens and dozens, including snickerdoodles (because I love them), oatmeal scotchies with cinnamon chips (also because I love them), monster oatmeal cookies with crispy M&M's (because everybody loves them), gingerbread molasses cookies ('tis the season and all that), and these super chocolate cookies with chocolate chips (because you can't have a cookie smorgasbord without some chocolate chip cookies).


I cheated on this last batch, making use of a Krusteaz cookie mix, but I honestly don't think anyone could tell. The cookies are moist and taste like they're completely made from scratch. I won't be so presumptuous as to say that they were the most popular of the selection, but they did disappear the most quickly. Take that for what it's worth, while I try not to be offended that the cookies I made from scratch took longer to get gobbled up!

National Cookie Day is tomorrow. Celebrate accordingly.

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 18
Ingredients: Directions:
In medium bowl, stir together all ingredients until well blended. Use your hands!
Chill dough for at least an hour.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Scoop balls of dough about the size of a golf ball and place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 9-11 minutes, until firming up on the edges but still a bit moist in the center. Cool completely on racks.

14 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Perfect looking and terribly tempting!

Cheers,

Rosa

Pam said...

Pass them this way, please! They look great and 'tis the season for a plethora of them!

Angie's Recipes said...

These double chocolate cookies are totally irresistible!

Food Gal said...

This time of year is definitely cookie time. And I don't know anyone who would pass up a just-baked chocolate cookie.

~~louise~~ said...

So I saw this post in my side bar and thought I'd pop over to tell you tomorrow is National Cookie Day. Well, from the looks of it, you must still be more than prepared, lol...Now, may I please have one of your Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies to drool over.

Happy Cookie Day, Grace!!!

Barbara said...

Looks good, Grace, and I'm not even a chocolate-eater! Love all the cookie recipes I see in December!

Big Rigs 'n Lil' Cookies said...

That cookie looks like pure chocolaty goodness.

Julie M. said...

Chocolate chocolate? Oh yes. You can sign me up immediately. These look perfect grace!

Beth said...

I can't believe I missed National Cookie Day! Still, any day is a good reason to bake a cookie. These look wonderful - no wonder they went so quickly!

Gloria Baker said...

Grace these cookies sounds delicious !!!

Sue/the view from great island said...

I've always loved Krusteaz' mixes, and these cookies sound amazing!

Erica said...

Delicious cookies,Grace! The recipe sounds very simple.

All That I'm Eating said...

What better excuse to make and eat cookies than national cookie day! These sound fab.

Inger @ Art of Natural Living said...

YES to cookies! My daughter came home from college last week and we've done 3 batches plus salted caramels!