A Southern Grace: chocolate-challenged

October 28, 2012

chocolate-challenged

Yum


It's been ages since I've posted anything chocolate! I think that I'm not like most female humanoids because I don't really ever crave chocolate. Caramel, yes, but very rarely chocolate.


You're calling me a freak under your breath right now, aren't you. That hurts. That hurts, but I can't really deny it.

These chocolate cupcakes are so chocolatey that they should make up for the dearth of chocolate on this blog. It's a chocolate trifecta: You've got your fluffy and moist chocolate cake. You've got your rich and luscious ganache filling. You've got your creamy and flavorful chocolate buttercream frosting.


What you should also have is a tall, cold glass of milk at the ready.

Chocolate Cubed Cupcakes (not to be confused with Cubed Chocolate Cupcakes)
Makes 24
Ingredients:
One batch of chocolate cupcakes
One batch of chocolate buttercream frosting
Ganache filling:
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
  • 7 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
  • 1 ounce butter, room temperature

Directions:
Make the cupcakes as directed and let them cool completely.
Meanwhile, make the ganache filling by heating the cream and corn syrup over medium heat until it begins to simmer. Place the butter and chocolate in a large bowl and immediately pour the liquids it that bowl. Let this mixture sit for a moment before stirring it until smooth.
Prepare the frosting as directed.
To fill the cupcakes, carve out a cone-shaped hole and squirt the ganache inside. Apply frosting generously to the cupcakes and, after giving the components a few minutes to get to know each other, devour.


31 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Oh, those cupcakes look ever so luscious and sinful!

Cheers,

Rosa

Beth said...

I crave sweets all the time, but I don't crave chocolate either. These cupcakes do look pretty amazing, though.

Not Quite Nigella said...

You know you may be crazy but it's a good crazy :P

Lisa-Marie said...

These looks glorious. I need some pretty much now! I think you post enough deliciousness that a lack of chocolate is ok though!

pam said...

These totally make up for the lack of chocolate here!

Sue/the view from great island said...

Yikes! I love the different shades and textures of chocolate in these cupcakes, Grace how can you not crave chocolate when you have these in front of you???

Pam said...

I'm not a chocoholic like everybody else in this family, but I definitely have to make these. They'll love 'em!

jillian said...

These look great and would definitely please the chocolate lovers in my life! I'm more of a spicy cinnamon girl or coconut girl. :)

Elizabeth said...

Chocolate and milk sound so good right now!

Carolyn Jung said...

The more chocolate, the better! LOL
I'd be glad to take any off your hands when you're not craving chocolate. ;)

scrambledhenfruit said...

I eat chocolate when I'm stressed. Since I'm stressed x 3 with hurricane Sandy on my doorstep, these would be the logical choice for my stress relief. If I have electricity tomorrow, I'm making these. :)

Deborah said...

I'm the same - I don't often crave chocolate. But I just may be craving some chocolate now after seeing these!!

Choc Chip Uru @ Go Bake Yourself said...

I crave chocolate constantly but now incessantly :)

Cheers
Choc Chip Uru

Katerina said...

For a person who doesn't crave chocolate you did an excellent job creating a chocolate masterpiece! Delicious!

lisa is cooking said...

I completely understand. I pretty much always crave caramel, but with chocolate, I have to see it to crave it. And, now, I'll be craving these cupcakes!

Marjie said...

I don't like chocolate foods; I only like real, very pricy chocolate. I'm probably a freak, too.

Unknown said...

I don't even need to crave it to want to eat it. I am of the chocolate needs to be a required part of the food groups camp:-)

Pam said...

I don't crave chocolate either... coconut and cinnamon treats on the other hand are always on my mind!

My chocolate obsessed family would dig these!

Laura said...

Yup I am one of those humanoids. Definitely. :) These look awesome. Anything with chocolate filling rocks.

OK I won't lie I found Arrow really boring, although he is gorgeous. I am not deleting it for now just in case it is like Vampire Diaries and really picks up. You can let me know what you think in a few weeks.

I forget have we talked Nashville? I LOVE it. And speaking of gorgeous, LUV Deacon, the bandmate. I like the music too.

Dana said...

...Maybe a little bit odd, but I wouldn't say a freak. :) You're still awesome!

Juliana said...

Wow Grace, the chocolate cupcake look great...like the texture...and yes milk would be great with it.
Have a wonderful week ahead :)

Blond Duck said...

I'm a bigger freak because I'm allergic to chocolate!

Amy (Savory Moments) said...

Yum, yum! Look at all that chocolaty goodness!

Lynda said...

Well I am a chocoholic and I'm drooling right now Grace. These babies are addictive, and they would certainly be tastier than the halloween candy I'm eating now!

Dianne said...

I do LOVE caramel but I confess to craving chocolate sometimes. These cupcakes look amazing!

Velva said...

God, that looks good!

Velva

Anonymous said...

I don't have too many cravings for chocolate either but sometimes it is really nice :) Those cupcakes do look awesome!

Anonymous said...

I don't usually crave chocolate in baked goods, just an occasional small piece of dark chocolate. But these cupcakes might make me crave it!

Joanne said...

Not gonna lie...I'm SO not a chocolate person either. Well, maybe once in a blue moon. Or when I see cupcakes as luscious as this.

Erica said...

This is a chocolate lover's dream!I am not a chocolate lover...my husband and kids love chocolate, but I prefer other kind of desserts, but these cupcakes are making me drool,Grace!

Blond Duck said...

You finally posted a picture of you! You're just as pretty as I imagined!