I got tagged by the praiseworthy Prudy of Prudence Pennywise to fill out a "lucky 7" list, but I could only come up with 6 items for most of the topics.
6 things I used to do:
1. call alumni and ask nicely for money (unless they got snarky with me--then I turned on the sass)
2. film men’s basketball games--paid to watch fellas play my favorite sport, does it get any better?
3. sort and deliver mail--boooooring, plus there was that whole Anthrax scare
4. barista at a Barnes & Noble cafe--methinks I drank more coffee than I sold
5. referee rec league basketball games--man, I loved the power that whistle gave me
6. chemically analyze wine and grape samples--methinks I drank more samples than I analyzed (no, I'm only kidding this time)
6 things I do now:
1. fly all over the country
2. decide what to cook based on how picturesque it will be on my blog
3. fully appreciate the South
4. go on shopping sprees
5. ponder things like who first decided that sticking up the middle finger was insulting?
6. pull out each and every white hair I find on my noggin (count so far: 2)
6 things I want to do: (in no particular order)
1. visit Greece
2. become a mother
3. compete in a cook-off
4. grow four more inches (vertically, not horizontally)
5. own property
6. be happy
6 things that attract me about the opposite sex:
1. manners--hold open the freakin’ door! (and if I hold it for you, SAY THANKS)
2. sense of humor (a dry wit is particularly appreciated)
3. kindness, to both people and animals
4. faith, preferably mirroring my own
5. athleticism (I don't want to be more muscle-bound than he, is that so wrong?)
6. I like ‘em tall, dark, and handsome, what can I say?
6 favorite foods:
1. apple pie a la mode (cinnamon ice cream = perfection)
2. turkey burger with pepper jack cheese (and ketchup)(and mustard)
3. black bean soup, partially blended if you please
4. Mexican lasagna
5. hummus and pita
6. oatmeal scotchies, which I must never make while I live alone because I will eat them ALL, immediately
6 things I say most often:
1. Thank you.
2. I’m cold.
3. How in the world did you get a driver's license?
4. It’s cold.
5. I wish that stupid dog would shut up.
6. Why is it so dang cold?
Meanwhile, I've made no secret of the fact that I can be darn lazy at times. Halloween costumes are yet another example of that. Here are my potentials:
I could carry this sign around and be...
Yes! A ceiling fan! (That's right--I'm not even using a new piece of paper.)
You guessed it. A cupholder. (I would probably forego the pearls...) (...and that particular coiffure.)
Or, my personal favorite, but probably not appropriate for work:
All I have to do is wear clothes.
What do ya'll think?
October 27, 2008
Labels: tags and awards