January 8, 2008

tantalizing toffee

In honor of National English Toffee Day, I've compiled a few tempting pictures of some toffee-based desserts. Please get your drool buckets ready and enjoy.

We'll ease into it with your typical toffee--sugar, corn syrup, butter, water, and almonds, topped with chocolate:


I've never had sticky toffee pudding, but it looks good here...


...and here...


...and perhaps here:


Also easy on the eyes is this caramel toffee cheesecake:


I'll bet you've heard of this Southern classic, the name of which I will conveniently leave out lest an innocent child should stumble onto my blog:


This molasses spice cake with toffee is quite pretty:


Last (and most certainly least, in my opinion...) is this peculiar bacon toffee wedged in a pat of butter:


Oink oink.

0 comments: